Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE updates hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s latest “fan edition” phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
The Galaxy S21 FE launched with Android 12 and Samsung’s One UI 4 skin on top. Samsung will offer four major Android OS updates to the device. The company also guarantees five years of security updates for this device.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE get Android 13? December 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21 FE updates
April 13, 2022: Samsung has started rolling out the April 2022 Android security patch to the “Fan Edition” model of the Galaxy S21 series (per Droid-Life). The update appears to be mostly centered on the patch, though, with no other new features known at the moment. This makes sense considering last month’s update brought One UI 4.1, so this one is a bit leaner.
To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
- March 22, 2022: Samsung has started rolling out the One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy S21 FE in Asia, Europe, and the US. The latest update also brings the March 2022 security patch to the phone. According to SamMobile, the Snapdragon version of the Galaxy S21 FE in Europe is getting the new update with firmware version G990BXXU1CVC3. In Asia, the Exynos 2100 variant of the phone has started getting the update with firmware version G990EXXU1CVC5.
- March 2, 2022: Samsung started rolling out the February security patch to the Galaxy S21 FE. According to SamMobile, the software carried firmware version G990BXXS1BVB3 and fixed over 60 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- January 17, 2022: Samsung rolled out the first official update to the Galaxy S21 FE in the US (h/t SamMobile). The firmware version, numbered G990U1UEU2BUL8, included the January 2022 security package and fixes for more than 60 pressing issues.
Post a Comment